Log in

10 April 2007 @ 07:47 pm
Well Well Well...  
Two of the three universities I've applied to count for this community. Sooo... Hi!

I'm a U.S. citizen, applying for graduate programs overseas. I applied to Queen's University Belfast (and just received an offer for the MA in English (Modern Literary Studies) ...today!), and the University of Edinburgh. I know I still have a few weeks to go before I hear back from Edinburgh, and Queen's University in Belfast is actually my second choice (Trinity College in Dublin being the first because they have a program I nerd out over every time I talk about it)

...so until I hear from Dublin and Edinburgh--all focus is on Queen's University. I don't know where to start as far as what I'd like to know... so... does anyone have any kind of thoughts or helpful things about the universtiy an international student should know about?

Would it be silly to accept the offer right now... and notify admissions later if I decide to withdraw because I've gotten into another program? (Should I just wait until I've heard from all programs and made my ultimate decision?)

And as far as the University of Edinburgh... I got word three weeks ago from The University of Edinburgh that my applications were received, complete, and going to be considered... is there anyone who's been through this process and has any kind of idea of how long I should probably end up having to wait?

Current Mood: curious
gran: {bedazzled} nunowly on April 11th, 2007 09:05 am (UTC)
Unless you decide you want to go to Queen's more than anywhere else, don't accept the offer. If you're applying through UCAS and you haven't heard back from everywhere yet, you can't accept any offers unless you withdraw your application from the universities you haven't heard from. Just sit tight and you'll probably hear back soon.
Margeimran on April 11th, 2007 11:36 am (UTC)
Thanks very much. :)